ASE (Advanced Supercomputing Environment) Seminar
Technological innovation is progressing rapidly for supercomputers, as well as for the communications libraries and numerical calculation libraries, which hold the key to the acceleration of processes in supercomputers. Furthermore, in addition to the conventional demand for higher speeds, new values that pursue greater convenience in supercomputers and demands for the technology that can produce greater convenience, are also becoming increasingly necessary in the fields of application of supercomputers. These demands for new technology are becoming an important theme in the advancement of research, not only for computer scientists engaged in software research, but also for computational scientists engaged in numerical simulation.
Alongside with such changes and demands of the times, having users learn about the latest results of research related to the supercomputers set up at the Information Technology Center (hereafter, “the Center”) can form the basis for the technical knowledge needed for producing significant outcomes in the use of supercomputers. In addition, with regard to the information held by individual users of the Center, activating the exchange of information between users is also considered necessary for the revitalization of research.
Advanced Supercomputing Environment Seminar
(Advanced Supercomputing Environment, ASE)
(Abbreviation: ASE Seminar)
Supercomputing Division, Information Technology Center, the University of Tokyo
The seminar covers all topics on advanced computing environments related to the Center’s supercomputers.
Specifically, it covers topics related to computing hardware, OS, computing languages and compilers, numerical calculation libraries, numerical calculation algorithms, communication libraries, automatic software tuning, tuning tools, simulation software, problem-solving environments (PSE), and others.
Frequency of seminars
Seminars are scheduled to be held about three times a year (once every four months).
- The seminars are not restricted to Center users, but are open to the public.
- Participation is free, and prior registration is not necessary.
- In principle, lecture scripts and activity reports are published in the “Supercomputing News” published every other month by the Supercomputing Division, as well as the “Digital Life” published by the Information Technology Center.
Inquiries about the ASE Seminar
2-11-16 Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8658, Japan
Information Technology Center, the University of Tokyo
Professor Kengo Nakajima, ASE Seminar Coordinator
(Please convert the “@” mark to half-width character before sending the e-mail.)
News about each seminar
- 41st ASE Seminar (February 4, 2021 (Friday))
- 40th ASE Seminar (February 4, 2020 (Thusday))
- 39th ASE Seminar (January 8, 2019 (Thusday))
- 38th ASE Seminar (November 26, 2018 (Monday))
- 37th ASE Seminar (October 29, 2018 (Monday))
- 36th ASE Seminar (July 27, 2018 (Friday))
- 35th ASE Seminar (March 5, 2018 (Monday))
- 34th ASE Seminar (December 13, 2017 (Wednesday))
- 33rd ASE Seminar (November 30, 2017 (Thursday))
- 32nd ASE Seminar (November 24, 2017 (Friday))
- 31st ASE Seminar (September 20, 2017 (Wednesday))
- 30th ASE Seminar (September 27, 2017 (Wednesday))
- 29th ASE Seminar (August 1, 2017 (Tuesday))
- 28th ASE Seminar (May 22, 2017 (Monday))
- 27th ASE Seminar (April 7, 2017 (Friday))
- 26th ASE Seminar (January 6, 2017 (Friday))
- 25th ASE Seminar (December 8, 2016 (Thursday))
- 24th ASE Seminar (December 1, 2016 (Thursday))
- 23rd ASE Seminar (July 6, 2016 (Wednesday))
- 22nd ASE Seminar (May 10, 2016 (Tuesday))
- 21st ASE Seminar (December 2, 2015 (Wednesday))
- 20th ASE Seminar (October 16, 2015 (Friday))
- 19th ASE Seminar (September 22, 2014 (Monday))
- 18th ASE Seminar (September 18, 2014 (Thursday))
- 17th ASE Seminar (March 6, 2014 (Thursday))
- 16th ASE Seminar (December 4, 2013 (Wednesday))
- 15th ASE Seminar (October 23, 2013 (Wednesday))
- 14th ASE Seminar (September 25, 2013 (Wednesday))
- 13rd ASE Seminar (December 4, 2012 (Tuesday))
- 12nd ASE Seminar (April 25, 2012 (Wednesday))
- 11th ASE Seminar (March 16, 2012 (Friday))
- 10th ASE Seminar (October 13, 2011 (Thursday))
- 9th ASE Seminar (February 17, 2011 (Thursday))
- 8th ASE Seminar (December 6, 2010 (Monday))
- 7th ASE Seminar (April 2, 2010 (Friday))
- 6th ASE Seminar (February 12, 2010 (Friday))
- 5th ASE Seminar (August 21, 2009 (Friday))
- 4th ASE Seminar (March 27, 2009 (Friday))
- 3rd ASE Seminar (January 20, 2009 (Tuesday))
- 2nd ASE Seminar (August 20, 2008 (Wednesday))
- 1st ASE Seminar (March 3, 2008 (Monday))