Application details for trial use (University/Research)
Available resources (FY2020)
The supercomputer systems that are available for use under this system are as follows.
Eligibility for use
Applicants and members of research groups must be eligible users of the Center (students, researchers affiliated with Japanese universities, public organizations, and/or corporations). Representatives for the group course must be eligible users of the Center, and must be professors/associate professors responsible for use of the supercomputer systems by the group.
- Application for the personal course is accepted only once. Application to use the same computer system multiple times is not permitted.
- Application for the group course is accepted only once. Application to use the same computer system multiple times is not permitted.
- Use is permitted until the date for end of service in the fiscal year.
- When submitting an application, the necessary volume of resources (tokens assigned) is set based on a monthly unit. It is possible to add tokens up to a maximum of one year’s worth.
- Users are required to submit a report on the results of use must be submitted within one month after the end of the trial use period.
- It is possible to make the transition to general use after the trial use period has ended.
- Foreign nationals and those residing abroad who wish to use the system may submit an application based on the following.
Use of supercomputers by foreign nationals and those residing abroad
||Maximum of three months’ worth
|Maximum of nine months’ worth|
Cost of use
Please refer to the links below for the lists on the cost of use for each system.
Application for use
All application for OBCX in FY2020 have been closed. [Oct. 6, 2020]
2-11-16 Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8658, Japan
Research Support Team, Information Strategy Group, Information Systems Department, The University of Tokyo