Free Trial Course(Formerly known as Trial Use Course (Free Trial))
The Information Technology Center, The University of Tokyo (hereafter, “the Center”) provides “Free Trial Course” for those who use supercomputer systems for the first time. This service can be used as a place for users such as researchers and engineers to consider whether they use supercomputer systems in earnest by using supercomputer systems for trial and evaluating the performance or usability of their programs and applications by executing them.
Note: This service is intended for users with a certain level of experience and knowledge (e.g. who can use supercomputer systems of the Center only with information such as webpages and manuals of the Center) as the period of use is limited to 1 month. If applicants don’t have enough experiences and knowledge, please consider attending “Parallel Programming Workshop with Trial Account” provided by the Center.
[Updated: Oct. 16, 2020] The name of this service has been changed from "Trial Use Course (Free Trial)" to "Free Trial Course". However, the contents of the service has not been changed at all.
The supercomputer systems that are available for use under this system are as follows.
Note: Operation for Reedbush-U has been terminated.
Eligibility for use
- Applicants must be eligible users of the Center (students, researchers affiliated with Japanese universities, public organizations, and/or industrial corporations).
* Researchers and engineers who are affiliated with industrial corporations may also apply.
- Applicants must be a resident of Japan at the time of application.
* Please check the following carefully. "Assessment of Residents and Non-Residents"
* Nationality and country of residence may be different.
E.g.: Those on official business from foreign governments or international organization → Non-residents
E.g.: International students who have in Japan for six months or more → Residents
- It is necessary that applicants never used the supercomputer system which they are to apply for.
- Period of use is one month from the account registration date. This period includes system shutdown date such as maintenance. For the system operational schedule, please refer to the "Operational Schedule".
- Although maximum number of jobs that can be executed simultaneously or be submitted is limited, there is no limit about accumulative number of executed jobs or accumulative time of calculation.
- The data will be deleted after the end of use period. Please backup the necessary data in advance. It is not possible to recover the data after deletion.
- It is possible to make the transition to general use course or trial use course (University/Research, Industry) after the free trial period has ended.
Application for use
All application in FY2020 have been closed. [Feb. 15, 2021]
|Application form||Written oath|
Moving to general use course or trial use course (University/Research, Industry)
If you wish to move to the general use course or trial use course (University/Research, Industry) after the trial period has ended, please contact the following Inquiries one week before the end of the trial period. In that case, you can use the same user number and files issued under the free trial.
For details on applying for each course, please refer to "General Use" or "Trial Use Course".
Research Support Team, Information Strategy Group, Information Systems Department, The University of Tokyo