Transfer of Tokens
Applications for the transfer of tokens between different supercomputer systems are accepted.
Transfer of tokens is not accepted for users under the corporate use system, the system for use by youths/women, the trial use course, and the HPCI/JHPCN programs.
This section provides information on the application method and points to note in submitting an application.
Documents to be submitted
Tokens, which represent the hours for which compute nodes can be used, are allocated corresponding to the contents of application for Oakbridge-CX and Oakforest-PACS systems. These tokens can be transferred between the supercomputer systems (without incurring additional costs of use). The application proccess differ in the following cases.
- First-time users who wish to use some of Oakbridge-CX and Oakforest-PACS systems
→Please submit the application for use (new application) for the system that you will mainly be using, as well as the application form for the transfer of tokens. (It is also possible to submit both applications through the application for use (new application) independently.)
- Existing users of Oakbridge-CX or Oakforest-PACS systems who wish to use other systems
→Please submit the application form for the transfer of tokens. (It is also possible to apply separately through the application for use (new application).)
- If you are applying using the “Application for Transfer of Tokens” form, please specify the number of tokens (node-hours) that you wish to transfer for the system that you are currently using. In the field for the month of transfer, please also indicate the month and year for the actual start of use.
- If you are applying using the “Application for Transfer of Tokens” form as a group course user, accounts for all users in the group under the current system that you are using will be created in the system that you wish to transfer the tokens to. You will not be able to select individual accounts.
- The disk storage for the system that you will be transferring the tokens to is as follows.
Oakforest-PACS Oakbridge-CX Wisteria/BDEC-01 Group course
(Per person for /home)
Personal course /work 1TB
- The conversion table for the node-hour product for the systems that you are transferring the tokens from and to is as follows.
System currently in use System that the tokens will be transferred to Oakforest-PACS Oakbridge-CX Wisteria/BDEC-01 Oakforest-PACS － 0.5 0.8 Oakbridge-CX 2.0 － 1.6 Wisteria/BDEC-01 1.2 0.6 －
- Tokens added to the target system (node-hours) = Number of transferred tokens × coefficient
- For other details, please refer to the application guidelines.
Research Support Team, Information Strategy Group, Information Systems Department, the University of Tokyo