The Center accepts questions about the use of its supercomputer systems via e-mail or the website. Different inquiry e-mail addresses have been set up for various categories of inquiries. For answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the FAQ sections.
|Contents of inquiry||Inquiries|
|Application for use|
|Program consultation/Systems||Please submit your inquiry via the page for consultation and questions on use of the systems.|
|Requests/proposals related to the systems|
Before submitting your inquiry
Please read and clarify the following points carefully before submitting your inquiry. Your cooperation is much appreciated.
- For program consultation, not all persons-in-charge have system administrative rights due to security reasons. Hence, please provide details in the contents of the consultation, such as error messages, etc., in order to allow us to assess the extent of the situation without referring to the directory. In particular, in addition to error code, please also provide the exact error message output before and after the error code.
- The Center does not take on work on behalf of users, such as the installation of programs or the work required in order to install programs. While we accept consultations on such matters if the user is unable to resolve the issue in any way. However, we will not validate individual libraries, etc., or provide any guarantee for the operation of programs. As it is difficult for the Center to provide such validation, the user should handle such issues independently.
- In cases where errors arise during the execution of programs, or in cases where the system is the suspected cause of the problem, please carry out the basic debugging work as shown below, for example. In such cases, please state clearly the situation and reasons for your assessment of the situation, in cases where you believe that the problem lies with the system. Please also include the detailed contents of your debugging process.
- Specify the location where the error has occurred in the program.
- Conduct an investigation on whether the correct computation results were produced immediately before the error occurred.
- For published programs, clarify the procedures of execution leading up to the end of the error.
Program consultation and questions about the use of the system
For program consultation and questions about the use of the system, please inquire through the following page for consultation and questions about use of the system.
For questions regarding the use of the system by those who do not have a user number for the supercomputer systems of the Center, please submit the inquiries to .
The stationing of a program consultation in the consultation office has ended with effect from March 2007. If you wish to have a face-to-face consultation, please make a reservation from the reservation page provided below. A faculty member affiliated with the Supercomputing Division will respond to your request.
If you wish to have a consultation where the actual equipment is located, please bring along a laptop or other device that can be connected to the supercomputer system that you have questions about (Oakforest-PACS/Reedbush). If you are unable to do so, a laptop belonging to the Center will be used during the consultation. Hence, please bring along a USB drive or other device containing the necessary keys for SSH connection. As the Center has to prepare a laptop in such situations, please contact the Center beforehand. (Please provide this information when submitting your reservation for program consultation (face-to-face) through the website.)
In cases where you are unable to bring along a laptop or key, it may take some time to connect to the supercomputer system during the consultation. Your kind understanding is much appreciated.