Application Details for the Trial Use (Industry)
Available resources (FY2020)
The supercomputer systems that are available for use under this system are as follows.
Eligibility for use
Applicants and members of research groups must be eligible users of the Center (students, researchers affiliated with Japanese universities, public organizations, and/or industrial corporations). Representatives for the group course must be eligible users of the Center, and be responsible for use of the supercomputer systems by the group. Please note that those who are affiliated with industrial corporations must fulfill the following criteria.
- If applying for the group course, it is necessary to undergo the same level of screening as for applicants for corporate use of the supercomputer systems.
- If applying for the personal course, it is necessary to attend the workshop, with trial account provided, implemented by the Center (Parallel Programming Workshop with Trial Account) beforehand, and sign the Certificate of Attendance for the Workshop with Trial Account after completing the workshop.
- Application for the personal course is accepted only once. Application to use the same computer system multiple times is not permitted.
- Application for the group course is accepted only once. For those affiliated with industrial corporations, application is accepted only once per department within the same corporation.
- Use is permitted until the date for end of service in the fiscal year. However, the maximum period of use for the group course (free trial use) is three months.
- When submitting an application, the necessary volume of resources (tokens assigned) is set based on a monthly unit. It is possible to add tokens up to a maximum of one year’s worth.
- Users are required to submit a report on the results of use must be submitted within one month after the end of the trial use period.
- It is possible to make the transition to general use after the trial use period has ended.
- Foreign nationals and those residing abroad who wish to use the system may submit an application based on the following.
Use of supercomputers by foreign nationals and those residing abroad
|Personal course, group course (free trial use)
||Maximum of three months’ worth
|Maximum of nine months’ worth|
Cost of use
Please refer to the links below for the lists on the cost of use for each system.
Application for use
All application for OBCX in FY2020 have been closed. [Oct. 6, 2020]
Applications for the group course will be screened by the screening committee for eligibility to use the supercomputer systems.Applications that have been assessed to be inconsistent with the objectives of corporate use will not be selected. If a large number of applications are received, selection will be made by assigning an order of priority to applications based on the screening criteria. Please click here for the screening schedule.
FY2020 Application form
|Application form||Attached documents|
2-11-16 Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8658, Japan
Research Support Team, Information Strategy Group, Information Systems Department, The University of Tokyo
*If applying for the group course, please submit the attached documents in hard copy as well as in the form of an e-mail attachment (please submit attachments in PDF format).